Help prepare the fairgrounds for the 102st Jerome County Fair & Rodeo!
MARKETING & SOCIAL MEDIA INTERN | seasonal | full-time ($10.15 per hour)
Who should apply?
College students pursuing a major in communications, public relations, agriculture, advertising or journalism, looking for real-life experiences. Ideal candidates are passionate about agriculture & creative communications, detailed oriented, thrive under pressure & find the opportunity in every challenge!
Submit application to Andrea Wiesenmeyer (firstname.lastname@example.org) by January 15, 2022
Qualified applicants will be asked to participate in an interview on the Fairgrounds as well as submit a portfolio of work.
Contact Andrea Wiesenmeyer, Manager
Pay & Benefits
- Entry level position pays minimum wage, currently $10.15 per hour.
- Average of 40 hours a week & 40+ hours a week during the 6-day Fair.
- Internship will begin June 1, 2022 & end August 14, 2022.
- Limited meals may be provided during the 6-day Fair.
Responsibilities of Interns
- Manage content, develop media plans and update social media, including Facebook and Instagram with a focus on increasing awareness and engagement.
- Analyzed and compiled data and create annual reports for stakeholders showing overall growth of channels.
- Develop and schedule weekly social media messages leading up to and through the Fair.
- Coordinated the development of pitch stories and messaging, which will culminate in a newsletter, utilizing MailChimp software.
- Agriculture education opportunities via social media contests, interactions, etc.
- Assist in customer service, welcoming visitors, directing phone calls, and delivering accurate information.
SEASONAL and PART-TIME POSITIONS AVAILABLE
(Applications must be filled out in person for the positions listed below)
MAINTENANCE/OPERATIONS ASSISTANTS | seasonal | full-time or part-time ($9-$12 per hour DOE)
Building, grounds, and barn cleaning; landscaping and lawn maintenance; general maintenance (basic carpentry and painting); ability to drive/operate machinery preferred.
EVENT/FACILITIES STAFF | seasonal or year-round part-time ($9-$12 per hour DOE)
Building and restroom cleaning; event set-up and tear-down; general maintenance.
To apply for any of the positions listed above, please stop by our offices located in the Messersmith Building (Monday-Friday, 9:00am-4:00pm). For additional information, call 208-324-7209.