Help prepare the fairgrounds for the 102st Jerome County Fair & Rodeo!
SEASONAL and PART-TIME POSITIONS AVAILABLE
To apply, please stop in the Fair Office (Monday - Friday 9am - 5pm). For more information please call 208-324-7209
OFFICE/ADMINISTRATIVE ASSISTANT | seasonal | full-time or part-time ($9-$12 per hour DOE)
Office staff represents the first point of contact with fairgrounds visitors. Essential administrative duties including answering phone calls, greeting clients, filing paperwork, and other duties to help prepare for the 2022 Fair.
MAINTENANCE/OPERATIONS ASSISTANTS | seasonal | full-time or part-time ($9-$12 per hour DOE)
Building, grounds, and barn cleaning; landscaping and lawn maintenance; general maintenance (basic carpentry and painting); ability to drive/operate machinery preferred.
EVENT/FACILITIES STAFF | seasonal or year-round part-time ($9-$12 per hour DOE)
Building and restroom cleaning; event set-up and tear-down; general maintenance.
To apply for any of the positions listed above, please stop by our offices located in the Messersmith Building (Monday-Friday, 9:00am-4:00pm). For additional information, call 208-324-7209.
MARKETING & SOCIAL MEDIA INTERN | seasonal | full-time ($10.15 per hour)
Who should apply?
College students pursuing a major in communications, public relations, agriculture, advertising or journalism, looking for real-life experiences. Ideal candidates are passionate about agriculture & creative communications, detailed oriented, thrive under pressure & find the opportunity in every challenge!
Submit application to Andrea Wiesenmeyer (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Qualified applicants will be asked to participate in an interview on the Fairgrounds.
Contact Andrea Wiesenmeyer, Manager
Pay & Benefits
- Entry level position pays minimum wage, currently $10.15 per hour.
- Average of 40 hours a week & 40+ hours a week during the 6-day Fair.
- Internship will begin June 1, 2022 & end August 14, 2022.
- Limited meals may be provided during the 6-day Fair.
Responsibilities of Interns
- Manage content, develop media plans and update social media, including Facebook and Instagram with a focus on increasing awareness and engagement.
- Analyzed and compiled data and create annual reports for stakeholders showing overall growth of channels.
- Develop and schedule weekly social media messages leading up to and through the Fair.
- Coordinated the development of pitch stories and messaging, which will culminate in a newsletter, utilizing MailChimp software.
- Agriculture education opportunities via social media contests, interactions, etc.
- Assist in customer service, welcoming visitors, directing phone calls, and delivering accurate information.